Richard Allan Margoles, PhD, MEd, BA, BS, NDEA FELLOW serves AIMU as President to oversee academic policies and activities University-wide. Dr. Margoles is an expert in accreditation, student counseling, faculty development and academic administration. He comes to AIMU with over 32 years leadership experience with medical schools in the Caribbean, the United States, South America and United Kingdom. Dr. Richard Margoles also serves as Advisor to Hayat Capital Investments Limited in the UK and Health City Consortium Hospitals Group global equity division providing over 30 years of experience in Institutional Establishment and Hospital Operations Planning.
Dr. Richard Margoles main interest is developing AIMU program to meet CAAM-HP/US medical licensing standards. One of President Richard Margoles significant career accomplishments is starting, developing, and obtaining provisional accreditation of two medical schools in the United States and one in the Caribbean. As a medical educator and consultant to various governments and hospital consortiums, he is accomplished at improving clinical medical education, community health care, and health care financing globally and locally. His attention will be focused on guiding AIMlU faculty and students to use health technology to improve St. Lucia population medicine through structure, process, and outcomes.
Dr. Richard Margoles is an elected Fellow of the American Osteopathic Association of Osteopathic Directors and Medical Educators. In addition, Dr. Richard Margoles holds several certificates in Community Health, Health Administration, CSI Medical Forensics, and Epidemiology. While attending Michigan State University, he was an elected Fellow of the National Defense Education Act. Dr. Richard Margoles received a PhD in Curriculum and Administration from Michigan State University while participating with the OMERAD medical education division.
The Office of the President works closely with AIMU academic and administrative leaders to:
- Support faculty, students, and academic professionals in advancing innovations in teaching and learning;
- Foster interfaculty collaboration;
- Build a diverse pipeline of educators and develop professors at all stages of the academic career ladder;
- Oversee activities pertaining to intellectual property, technology transfer, research collaborations and trademark licensing and branding;
- Advance and oversee University-wide compliance: CAAM-HP accreditation standards;
- Advance community research policy and develop research initiatives using newer technology;
- Oversee and coordinate the University’s international activities;
- Develop and oversee the University’s global initiatives.