AIMU is dedicated to ensuring that all qualified candidates interested in careers in medicine or nursing have the opportunity to study at our University.
We have made our application and matriculation process as simple as possible. The admission process can be completed in several easy steps.
Please Contact our Admission office for further Information regarding all application requirements by clicking on the following link and completing the inquiry form.
Students are accepted for Admissions in January, May and September semesters.
The Application Process
Complete the Application Form and submit the other requested documents as follows:
The following details must be filled in the Application Form, as they appear in the passport. (In order to save processing time)
- Last Name
- First Name
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
Payment of US $200.00 towards application processing fee and Student.
Enrollment Form (non-refundable) to be paid either by DD or by direct bank transfer. Submit the completed application form and the student enrollment form along with your documents.
5 Passport-size photographs
Two copies of the passport identification page (and last page where relevant) Financial/Bank Statement
AIM-U Health Certificate including TB and HIV tests
Original Police Clearance Certificate
Two letters of recommendation
A Personal statement reflecting your purpose for pursuing this degree.
Sealed Official High School transcripts
As soon as your file has been submitted, the Admissions Committee will meet to discuss your admission to the university.
An interview will then be scheduled with the Admissions Committee. The interview may be conducted in person, over the telephone or via video conference.
Successful candidates will be notified and will receive a Welcome Package from the school which needs to be completed and submitted prior to matriculation into the school, including Food & Accommodation Application Form
Upon acceptance of the admission, the successful candidate must make payment for the first semester’s tuition.
In order to begin classes the student must have ensured that all documents have been completed and submitted and their tuition fees cleared.
All payments must be made to the account of the University via Wire Transfer, Bank Draft etc. No other mode of payment will be accepted.
For International Students
- All students must travel with a valid passport
- Citizens of the United States and Canada do not need a visa to enter Saint Lucia
- Students from countries other than the US/Canada need a student visa to enter Saint Lucia, this process takes about 40 days to complete.
All information about student visas can be obtained at www.stlucia.gov.lc
The Acceptance Package for students consists of:
- Provisional Acceptance Letter
- Certificate of Financial Responsibility
- AIM-U Medical Certificate Form
- Student Checklist
- Financial Planning Sheet
NOTE: The Financial Planning Sheet is for students. Please do not return this sheet to us.
Students may be required to take an Entry Exam before registering for classes
A complete application should contain the following documents:
- Completed Application Form and Student Enrollment Form and a non-refundable a fee of $200 (USD).
- Two official letters of recommendation (LOR).
- Passport-size photos (5)
- Financial/Bank Statement
- Official transcript(s) from each college, professional or nursing school attended.
- Official report of scores on the TOEFL (for applicants whose academic background has been substantially in languages other than English).
- Original Police Clearance Certificate
- Personal Statement:
- Applications should be mailed to: AIMU-CUC CENTER FOR MEDICAL SCIENCE Admissions office
7610 Carroll Avenue Ave # 360,
Washington Adventist Hospital Ambulatory Care Centre
Takoma Park, MD
United States 20912Info line: 1-240-393-4946, 1-240-328-9015
Fax No: 1-301-768-4690
Toll Free: 1-(800)-281-1156