Doctor of Medicine Degree
The following are prerequisites for entrance into the Doctor of Medicine programs. While not a prerequisite, AIMU strongly recommends that a Bachelor’s Degree is completed. 90 college credit hours are required for admission into the Doctor of Medicine program.
The following courses are required:
- 1 semester (8-10 Hours) of General and/or Inorganic Chemistry, there must be a laboratory portion to this class.
- 1 semesters (8-10 Hours) of Organic Chemistry, there must be a laboratory portion to this class
- 2 semesters (8 hours) of Biology or Zoology
- 2 semesters (8 hours) of Physics
- 2 semesters (6 hours) of English
- 2 semesters (6 hours) of Mathematics
Pre-Health Science / Premed Program:
For those students who do not have the sufficient credit hours or prerequisite courses to enter either the Doctor of Medicine Program or the nursing program, AIMU has a Prehealth sciences course which offers the requisite courses for entry into either the ADN program or the M.D. program. The Prehealth sciences portion.
Students who are currently enrolled or who have been previously enrolled in a medical school which is approved by the WHO, NBME or other similar accredited or recognized body may apply to AIM-U with advanced standing. Transfer applicants must have their transcripts submitted directly to the AIMU admissions office from the registrar of every school that they attended. USMLE results for each attempt and Step must be submitted to the school. Upon evaluation of the transcripts the transfer student will be placed into the appropriate level.
Students who are deficient in the premedical classes must complete the premedical classes before continuing with the M.D. Program.
For admission into the nnursing program:
- Applicants from the United States must have a high school diploma, GED or HSED
- Caribbean applicants must have a high school diploma
- Caribbean applicants having completed A level work will be evaluated individually for advance standing.
Nursing School Transfers:
Students who have been enrolled or are currently enrolled in another nursing program or prehealth science program at another accredited or officially recognized college or university may apply for advance standing into the nursing program. Students must have their transcripts submitted directly to the admissions office. The nursing student will be given proper credit toward graduation and standing in accordance with the quality and amount of courses successfully passed.
Foreigners and Graduates of International Colleges and Universities.
Applicants to the programs at AIMU-CUC who have been educated in countries with a different education system must provide the following:
- An evaluation of the post-secondary course work which is completed outside the of the United States of America by World Education Services or agencies approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
- A notarized translation into English of the original transcripts attached to the original transcripts.
- Results of the TOEFL examination, the score must be 550 or above