On behalf of Administration, faculty and staff of American International Medical University, I would like to take this opportunity to extend a warm welcome to you! Congratulations on making a very positive choice in becoming a student and a member of our AIMU-U family.
Our highly qualified, committed and friendly staff will ensure that your experience at AIM-U is one that will be imprinted on your mind as the most rewarding and fulfilling.Our faculty members are committed to advising and workin g with you to guide your progress, along with other academic and professional goals you envision for yourself.
We look forward to working with you. Do enjoy he responsibilities and privileg es of being both a university student and a developing hea lth care professional. We wish you a rewarding and successful academic year. Once again from the entire AIMU-U family, Welcome.
Mrs. Sahana Salins , MSc, Medical Anatomy
Office of Registrar
American International Medical University
AIM-U Ave, Beausejour Road, North Entrance, Gros Islet,Saint Lucia
Phone: 1-758- 450-0130 (Ext 2225); Fax: 1-758-450-0138
1. Preparing exam schedules & Invigilation schedule
2. Producing official student lists, reports, statistics
3. Sending monthly attendance and exam report to the academic leadership
4. Supplying the examination attendance sheet
5. Facilitating publication of results in time
6. Issuing mark sheets, transcripts, certificate as desired
7. Preparing the list of students who topped in each semester and arranging for the certificate for appreciation
8. Preparing class schedule (for the non-integrated semesters) and sending it to all faculties and students
9. Organizing orientation for all new students
10 Carrying out the registration process for all students during the beginning of each semester
11. Maintaining student files and ensuring confidentiality of information
12. Preparing academic calendar for every semester
13. Be a member of the faculty working group which will periodically update the Academic Bulletin.
14. Coordinating with University departments to prepare update and provide access to university systems
15. Maintaining student databases
16. Verifying documents based on the requirements of Medical council and Nursing council
17. Initiating and maintaining graduate tracking data for a period of at least 5 years following graduation
18. In coordination with the Coordinator of Examinations collecting the results from faculty members and preparing the de-identified data for discussion during the Promotions Committee meetings.
19. Ensuring compliance with Student Records Policy
20. Monitoring the student record system to prevent unauthorized access to computer records
21. Certifying student enrollment
22. In collaboration with the academic and the administrative leadership coordinate graduation related activities.
23. Preparing the Student Directory
Mrs. Sahana Salins is currently working as a Acting Registrar and Examination Controller at American International Medical University, Saint Lucia. Mrs. Sahana Salins obtained her MSc (Medical Anatomy) from Manipal University, India. She also received her BSc (Bachelor of Science) from Mangalore University, India.
She joined American International Medical University as a Lecturer in Oct 2011. She taught Anatomy and Physiology to PREMED students and Intro to Histology and Histology to PREMED and MED students. She was also working as Assistant Examination Controller.
Previously she worked at Kasturba Medical College International Centre in Manipal, India from 2008-2010 as a Lecturer in Department of Anatomy where she taught Gross Anatomy and Embryology Theory and Lab and Histology Theory and Lab to MBBS, PREMED and Pharm D students.
In 2014 she was promoted to Acting Registrar and Examination Controller at AIMU. Her prime responsibility is to supervise and manage all administrative and operational functions of the Office of the Registrar.